When it comes to pests in your house, there are few bugs homeowners worry more about than termites. These nasty little creatures can cause thousands of dollars of damage to your wooden furniture and, even worse, to the structure of your home. Thankfully, with a little help from a termite control service in Bartlesville, OK, you can eliminate the termite threat! Keep reading to learn more about what you can do as a homeowner, and what we can do as termite removal experts.
Identify an infestation
Wondering whether you have a termite problem? Here are some signs to watch for:
- Dead termites: Termites are like most pests—they don’t live too long! Look around for bodies of dead termites; if you see a lot of them, chances are, you have an infestation. If you don’t know what a termite looks like, give us a call! We’d be happy to perform a quick inspection of your home.
- Holes in the wood: Termites bore into wood to create a home for themselves and to feed on the cellulose. If you’re looking out for them, these holes are actually quite easy to spot. Call an exterminator as soon as possible if you see tiny little holes in the wood throughout your home.
Eliminate the termites
Getting rid of termites isn’t necessarily going to be a piece of cake, but there are some steps you can take to make the job a little easier:
- Create a barrier: Your home is your castle, and you need to protect it with an effective moat. Speak to a professional exterminator today about spraying termicide around your home to block any termites from entering and wreaking havoc.
- Bait the colony: Termites are like ants; they live in huge colonies. Killing termites one by one will take forever, and is a never-ending project. You can eliminate the problem once and for all by attracting the colony with poison and killing them all at the same time!
Prevent future infestations
Once you’ve gotten rid of your termites, you want to ensure they don’t come back. Luckily, there are preventative measures you can employ:
- Get regular inspections: You know how to spot the signs of a termite infestation, but a trained eye can detect a termite problem before it turns into a full-blown infestation. It’s not a bad idea to call for a professional inspection at least once a year, especially if you live in a rural area where termites are more prevalent.
- Be proactive: If you’re in the process of building a new home, talk to a pest removal company about pre-treating your home for termites. This process doesn’t take long and can make all the difference down the road. But you don’t have to be building a new house to be proactive! Consider removing any wood on your home that makes direct contact with the ground. This includes latticework, wood siding or door and window frames. Experts say that all wood should be at least six inches off the ground to help prevent termite infestations.
The longer you wait around with a termite infestation in your home, the worse your problem will be. Be sure to give a termite control service in Bartlesville, OK a call as soon as possible when you notice any of the signs above. As the leading exterminators in the area, you can count on the pros at Excellence Pest Control to take care of your termite problem once and for all!