Love them or hate them, spiders are an important part of many ecosystems, including those right here in Oklahoma. Try as you might, it’s nearly impossible to eliminate spiders completely from your home, business and yard. Fortunately for arachnophobes, you can minimize the presence of eight-legged critters that you encounter by calling for pest control in Bartlesville, OK. Pest control professionals will be able to determine the source of the problem, get rid of any pests that are currently residing in your home or business and work with you to seal off any points of entry where they might get in again.
If you are especially concerned about spiders in your home, you can make it a point to know your enemy, as the saying goes, so that you can identify any species that might pose a risk to your health. Some of the spiders that you might find in Oklahoma include:
- Grass spiders: There are 13 species of grass spiders that can be found throughout North and Central America. They are a variety of funnel-weaving spiders that spin dense webs to create a non-sticky home while they wait for their prey to approach.
- Garden spiders: Like their name suggests, garden spiders are most commonly found in areas with flowers, grass, crops and other vegetation. Their appearance can vary depending on the specific sub-species, but they are often identifiable by striped patterns across their bodies. Garden spiders also have an easily identifiable web that has a silken zigzag pattern across the middle.
- Common house spider: You might be familiar with this particular spider species because of its affinity for buildings and homes. Cracks and crevices in your house’s walls and ceilings make the perfect place for the house spider to weave its web. While house spiders are often mistaken for the recluse spider, they don’t usually pose a threat to humans.
- Jumping spider: The most notable trait of the jumping spider is its unique hunting method. Although different types of jumping spiders have different mannerisms, they all typically pounce on prey in order to capture them.
- Black widow: The black widow spider is recognizable by the red hourglass shape featured on its black body. You’re most likely to see these spiders active and wandering around at night; most of their days are spent hiding away. While black widow bites can be dangerous and even deadly, these spiders aren’t likely to bite you unless you are unknowingly placing your hand in a space where it is hiding.
If you want nothing to do with spiders and insects in your home or business, reach out to the seasoned professionals at Excellence Pest Control, who can help alleviate your pest woes. We are an experienced provider of pest control in Bartlesville, OK, having served this area for over a decade. Our priority is always the satisfaction of our customers, and we strive to provide the best experience and the highest quality work possible. Get immediate assistance from our team and more information about the services that we provide by calling us today.