When the weather starts to warm up, it’s very common for ant activity to pick up in and around homes. Carpenter ants can cause a lot of damage, so it’s important to deal with an infestation as proactively as possible. That said, a lot of homeowners are unsure about how to effectively get rid of a carpenter ant infestation in Bartlesville, OK. Keep reading to learn what not to do when dealing with a carpenter ant problem.
Mistakes to avoid when dealing with an ant infestation
Here are a few of the most common mistakes people make when dealing with a carpenter ant infestation in Bartlesville, OK, and what to do instead:
- Misidentifying infestations: One of the most common mistakes people make when dealing with carpenter ant damage is misidentifying the infestation. Carpenter ants and termites cause similar types of damage that can be difficult for homeowners without experience to identify. The best way to identify an infestation is to look at the insects themselves to determine whether they are termites or ants. If you’re unable to identify the source of the problem, reach out to a professional for help.
- Underestimating the harm caused by ant infestations: Another mistake homeowners make is underestimating the seriousness of an ant infestation. While it might not seem like a few ants can cause much of a problem, carpenter ants can actually cause a lot of serious issues, including extensive property damage. As soon as you notice damage, take proactive steps to address the carpenter ant infestation in Bartlesville, OK.
- Trying DIY ant control: There are dozens of DIY ant control solutions online, but these methods are almost never as effective as professional pest control. Attempting DIY methods might yield some positive results, but they’re very unlikely to offer the same kind of long-term solutions that professional pest control methods do. In the meantime, your Bartlesville, OK home will be subjected to more extensive carpenter ant damage.
- Neglecting infestation prevention: Even if you aren’t currently dealing with a carpenter ant infestation, it’s still important to take some preventative steps to avoid future problems with these insects. Make sure to store food securely, seal entry points into your home and trim overgrowth away from your home to keep carpenter ants at bay.
- Avoiding professional pest control services: A lot of homeowners are hesitant to hire professional pest control specialists because of the associated expense, but these services are well worth it when it comes to getting long-term results. Hiring a professional is the best way to get rid of a carpenter ant infestation for good.
Professional pest control for carpenter ant damage
At Excellence Pest Control, we know how serious carpenter ant damage in Bartlesville, OK can be, and we’re here to provide the best solutions possible to deal with all kinds of infestations. No matter what your specific concerns or needs may be, our team has the expertise necessary to assist you. To find out more about everything we have to offer, just give our team a call today.