With the weather continuing to grow warmer each week, it’s officially becoming pest season. While you may associate summer with beach days and picnics, chances are you also find yourself battling countless insects throughout the summer season. Often, calling a company specializing in pest control in Bartlesville, OK is the only way to adequately deal with this dilemma.
Throughout the world, one of the most common types of household pests is the spider. These eight-legged monstrosities strike fear into countless people. While few spiders are actually dangerous, a changing climate is helping to expand the range of venomous species like the brown recluse and black widow.
You may be wondering what steps you can take to reduce the number of spiders and other insects that are finding their way into your home. First, however, it’s important to understand what you’re doing that’s attracting spiders into your space in the first place. Here are just some of the things that could be attracting spiders to your abode:
- Food sources: Spiders are carnivorous. If you have an extensive pest problem, it could be attracting spiders to come to your home to eat your other pests. While this may seem beneficial, in fact, the spiders won’t be able to eat enough of the pests to control their population. You’ll have to deal with eradicating both the spiders and the original culprits.
- Damaged areas: If there any damaged areas in your home, particularly in the roof or along the ground, it could make it easy for spiders to come inside. Piled-up leaves along the side of your home, for example, could cause the siding of your home to decay and provide cover for spiders to nest.
- Interior conditions: Areas that are cold, damp and dark are beloved by spiders. If you have a cluttered basement with lots of boxes and debris for spiders to hide in, you’re practically inviting them to come and stay with you.
- Weather conditions: Spiders prefer moderate temperatures and damp (but not overly wet) environments. When the conditions outside shift, spiders will do everything possible to seek shelter indoors. This means that they’ll attempt to enter your home when it gets too hot, cold, dry or wet.
- Easy access points: Any easy access points could be inviting spiders to come into your home. For example, if you have a cracked door or window, or damaged window screens, it could make it exceptionally easy for spiders to enter your house.
Since 2003, Excellence Pest Control has been a premier provider of pest control in Bartlesville, OK. We provide comprehensive, robust pest control solutions to residential and commercial clients. Our highly skilled pest control crews use the latest tools and technologies to keep your home pest free. To learn more about our high-quality approach to spider control and insect eradication, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today. We’ll help you control your home’s spider population, as well as eradicate any other insects that you may be dealing with on a daily basis.