There are few picnic visitors more unwelcome than ants. It’s extremely frustrating when you sit down for an evening of al fresco dining only to be interrupted by ants marching onto your table or picnic blanket, demanding their share of the meal.
When ants infiltrate your yard, they’re much more likely to also target your home. This could lead to problems in the kitchen, as well as potential property damage. You need to be knowledgeable about the best ways to fight off ant invasions so you can keep your home free and clear of an ant infestation. When in doubt, always reach out for professional help with ant removal in Bartlesville, OK.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can keep ants out of your yard so you and your guests can enjoy your outdoor meals. Here are just some of the steps that you can take to reduce the number of ants in your yard and home:
- Draw a line: It may seem overly simple, but drawing a line around your yard with chalk could help you keep ants away. Ants don’t cross over chalk, because it covers their legs and masks the odors they use to communicate with one another. Sprinkling used coffee grounds around the perimeter of your property has a similar effect.
- Grow ant-repellent plants: There are a number of common garden plants that ants simply can’t stand the smell of. Planting these in your garden can help you reduce the number of ants that venture out onto your property. Consider planting mint, lavender, sage and fennel in your garden.
- Use non-repellent pesticides: Consider placing non-repellent pesticides around your property. Ants will walk over this pesticide and track it back to their nests. Eventually, this will kill off the entirety of the ants’ nest.
- Keep trash and food hidden: Always keep trash and food in covered, sealed containers and out of your yard. If ants can smell food or rotting yard waste, they’ll do virtually anything possible to get to it.
- Go for the nest: If you know that there’s an ant nest in your yard, target it. Pour a mix of boiling vinegar and water down the nest using a funnel. The mixture will kill ants it comes into contact with, and the steam will suffocate ants hidden throughout the structure of the nest.
If you try to manage your ant infestation on your own, and are unable to control the problem, you may want to consider hiring an exterminator to assist you with ant removal in Bartlesville, OK.
Since 2003, Excellence Pest Control has been a premier provider of pest control services, including ant removal in Bartlesville, OK. We’re proud to provide comprehensive extermination solutions for all of our customers. If you’re looking for a way to deal with an ant infestation in your yard, reach out to one of our highly skilled pest control technicians. We use the latest tools and technologies to help keep your home free of pests and safe from damage.