When you call a professional to eliminate the rodents that are crawling around your home and property, you most likely want the job done as soon as possible. Though the professionals will work fast, there are a few things you can do prior to our arrival that make our jobs easier, which means we can complete the extermination job much more efficiently. Continue reading to learn a few of the preparation steps you should take before hiring a provider of pest control in Bartlesville, OK:
- Clean up: The first thing you should do to help prep your home is tidy up a bit. Get rid of old boxes, take out the garbage and pick up piles of clothes, as all of these places are common hiding spots for rats and mice. The fewer places rodents have to hide, the easier it’ll be for us to get rid of them!
- Clear your kitchen: If you’re like most folks, you probably have a lot of cooking utensils and other odds and ends left out on your kitchen counters or even on top of the refrigerator. If you can, store all of those items before we get to your home. We’ll likely be doing some work in the kitchen, so the less clutter, the better.
- Store all food: One of the leading causes of pest infestations is food that’s left out or improperly stored. Rats and mice often come inside solely to feast on your food. To prevent that from happening, put everything in glass jars, sturdy plastic containers or heavy plastic bags. That should help keep the pests at bay until we arrive.
Prevent future infestations
All of your unwanted tenants should be evicted shortly after we finish treatment. At that point, it’s up to you as the homeowner to help keep them out. The points below will help ensure you don’t run into any future problems with mice or rats:
- Keep a tidy home: More often than not, a clean home is a rodent-free home. As we mentioned above, always take out your trash in a timely manner and toss out those old cardboard boxes. Sweeping up any crumbs left on the floor will also deter mice and rats from coming inside for their meals.
- Don’t touch traps: There’s a good chance that your pest control technician will leave some traps behind to catch any rodents that he wasn’t able to get rid of the first time. Obviously, it’s in your best interest to leave those traps alone. Let the traps do their job, and we’ll come back to pick them up if they manage to catch any more rodents.
- Call us if there’s a problem: On the off chance that we don’t totally remedy your rodent problem, call us right away! The sooner we’re able to come back out and treat your home again, the greater the chance that we solve your problem completely.
If you want the fastest and most reliable pest control in Bartlesville, OK, be sure to call Excellence Pest Control. We have decades of experience getting rid of all sorts of pests, from rodents to termites. Regardless of what kind of pests have infiltrated your home, you can count on us to kick them out!